Place Category: Food & Drink and Food RetailersPlace Tags: Baking, Bread, Build Your Own Box, Cereal, cheese, Crackers, Dried Fruit, eggs, Food Delivery, Fruit, Fruit Boxes, Fruit delivery, Green Earth Organics, Grocery, Honey, Jams, Milk, Nuts, organic, Organic Boxes, organic farm, Prosecco, Seeds, Snacks, Specials, Spreads, Superfoods, Sweets, Veg, Veg Boxes, Veg Delivery and Wines
We (Jenny & Kenneth Keavey) started Green Earth Organics box delivery scheme in 2006.
Our organic farm is situated 8 miles from Galway City. Originally the land was my grand-father’s and then my father’s and finally I took over the farm 14 years ago. I put the farm into conversion for organic status in 2004.
Currently we are farming on 40 acres of organically certified land. Another 10 acres is split between, a wild life biodiversity area, native woodland forestry (3000 trees) and red clover/grassland.
- We deliver to every county in Ireland – click here for more details about the ordering deadline and delivery days.
Our commitment to sustainability and Zero Plastic: Our aim at Green Earth Organics is to minimise the impact of our farm on the environment. We do this by growing our produce in an organic and sustainable way, by generating our own electricity using solar panels, and by harvesting the West of Ireland rainwater to wash the freshly picked veg and to water the plants in our tunnels.
As a business, we are striving to be carbon neutral and we’re actively looking for ways to reduce and eliminate the plastic packaging in our boxes.
All our set boxes are PLASTIC FREE, we use plant based bags for salads and greens.
All of our other fresh produce is packed either loose or in brown paper bags which we take back and re-use every week.
We also have a box that contains 100% Irish Veg which you can order here. Thank you for your support – we really appreciate it.
Currently there are 35 employees in total – across the farm, packing team and the admin staff in both Galway and Dublin. We also take on students and interns and employ seasonal workers at certain times of the year.
We have 6 poly tunnels and grow a wide range of crops both indoors and in the field. Over the course of a year a typical seasonal box will contain 80% local organic produce.
We buy produce from other Irish suppliers, and we also import organically certified veg and fruit in order to be able to offer a full selection of produce year round.
At Green Earth Organics we care deeply about the environment, and believe that people should be able to choose foods that are grown as nature intended, taste fantastic, and add to their wellbeing.
We aim to have sustainability and health in the centre of all business decisions we take.
Where to buy our produce:
- Online: You can order online and we’ll deliver direct to your door. Click here for info about our deadlines & delivery days.
- Visit us: We have a Farm Shop that is open every Wednesday from 2-7pm. We’d love to meet you! Get directions here.
Picture of Kenneth
Picture of Muriel, the Farm Shop manager
Picture of one of our fruit & veg boxes
Picture of fresh garlic grown on our organic farm
Sustainability is central to every single decision we make
- Plastic Free, all our boxes are. We have a plastic free grocery aisle.
- Circular economy, we collect and reuse our boxes.
- There are no chemicals on our food.
- We have planted nearly 5000 trees, and every year we add to this. We plant strips of wild flowers for the bees, we have 6 beehives.
- Ethical. We source food that has been produced sustainably (organically) and Fairtrade where possible. Our sourcing policy is simple: We grow it, We source it from other local organic farmers, then Irish organic farms, then European organic farms. We never airfreight and if it is available in Ireland we will do our best to source it here.
- We power our packing shed with solar electricity from our roof.
- We collect our rainwater to water our polytunnels.
Galway & Nationwide
Green Earth Organics
Eircode: H91 F9C5
Tel: 091-793 768 (Darragh)
West of Ireland & Courier queries
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.